cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent on Local Machine error.

Harvey
Not applicable
One of the clients that I work for is running Backup Exec 9.1 on a Windows 2000 platform across several servers.

One server has a local install of Backup Exec and backs up only its own resources.

Historically it was working but now it is returning the following error message. All services are running and nothing has changed on the server.

Final error: 0xa000846b

Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers. Make sure that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target computer.

Final error category: Resourse Errors

Why would a local install of Backup Exec be wanting to connect to a remote agent when the target it itself?

Can anyone offer any advice with this problem as there does not appear to be one in the Knowledge Base?
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Verify if the Remote Agent service is running on the BEWS server
-- Also verify if Remote Agent service is starting using the "Local System Account
-- Also verify all backup exec services are running

-- Verify if Restrict Anonymous Support is enabled.
If not then,

- Run the Registry Editor.
- Change registry key "\HKLM\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\NTFS\ Restrict Anonymous Support" to "1".

========================================
If this does not resolve the issue, we suggest you to install the SP2 on the backup exec media server.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 2 http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275247.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

steven_mahaffey
Not applicable
HI I had this problem.. after patching up to the latest patches, changing the logon account without success...

The following worked for me

Go to Job Setup
double click on the job
Go to Resource Credentials
Look to the Right where it says Logon account and check that the Server Admin account with sufficient permissions is there.... if not click on the server click Change and specify new Logon account.

I had this problem and although I had checked in services and change the Veritas default logon account I still received the error... but after doing the above all worked fine.. (at last)

Hope it works for U

Thanks