cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server reboot issue

Greg_Henneborn
Level 2
My Domain Controller reboots during backup.
I am running Veritas 10 Backup Exec from a Windows 2000 Server box and when I try to backup system files from my 2003 Server Domain Controller it automatically reboots after a stop error. It does not happen during backup of certain files, it happens intermittently and sometimes it runs fine without incident. Both servers are up to date with patches SP's etc. I tried reinstalling the backup agent.

Has anyone seen this problem and/or know what the fix may be?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Jin
Level 3
I believe it has to do with removable storage devices being disabled, on win2003 even if the service is disabled the service stills runs in the backgroud. There is a fix Microsoft document 842411 which is a registry fix for the win2003 ASR issues.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Please check the Microsoft document 842411 as suggested in previous post
-Is any Anti/virus running while backup runs?
-Check the Removable Service is deactivated?
-Are you backing up this data to a device or BAckup-to-disk folder ?
-Are you using Advanced Open File Option while backup?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.