cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent - which backup server?

Natalie_Dellar
Level 2
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to tell, in this version of Backup Exec and previous versions; If a server has the remote agent installed, can you tell from that same machine which backup server it it backed up to?

I have a list of servers which have the agent installed, but no documentation as to where they are being backed up to, so I wondered if its in the registry / logs or somewhere?

Thanks
Nat
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To backup the remote server it is necessary to install the remote agent on the target remote server.

I n Backup Exec there is no specific option/list to see on which server the remote agent is installed.

However, you can verify the same form the Remote Selections in the Backup exec.
You can see the remote servernames on which you ahve installed the remote agent in the the remote selection list .

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
BackupExec does not tie a Remote Agent to a specific media server. As long as the RAWS is installed and running, and as long as you have a RAWS serial installed on the media server, the backup will succeed.

This means that you have to make sure that you have one RAWS serial for each remote server yourself, Veritas won't give you an overview anywhere to compare the total number of serials against the number of installed Agents.

About all that you can do is dump the selection lists from each media server to see which Remote Server(s) they are backing up. See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238704.htmMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve your problem.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.