cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agents "Access Denied" after Administrator password changed.

trep
Level 3

Hi,

We're having quite a problem here after we changed the Administrator domain account password. We get the "Access Denied" on all selection we're trying to do on member servers having Remote Agent installed. We also have a couple Remote Agents installed on 2 Domain Controllers and these work fine.

- All services on the Backup Exec Server are started with Local System account

- The Remote Agent service on the member servers is started with Local System account

One member server didn't have the Remote Agent installed. I installed it to see if i'd have the same problem and I ran into the same problem.

We've tried the following so far:

- Run all services with domain Administrator account (on client and server machine)

- Delete the System Logon Account in BE and re-create it with the new Administrator password

- Set the domain Administrator password back to what it was (it's still like this)

- Remove the agent, reboot, reinstall the agent, reboot... and some more reboot

- We've tried creating a local user on member server that we added to the Administrators group and use this account in BE selection

- We've created a new domain admin and tried all previous steps with this user

- We made sure that all members servers were able to see the domain name and resolve IP of the domain controllers

- From the BE Server, we're able to access to the admin share (C$) without any problems on the member servers.

I'm not thinking about anything else right now.

Some help would be greatly appreciated, we're a bit out of ideas...

Best regards,

trep

Message Edited by trep on 01-28-2009 04:08 PM
2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Xu
Level 2

Have you changed the credential of all jobs failed?

Every job has individual credential.

trep
Level 3

We actually fixed the problem.

This had something to do with some GPO applied to the Domain Admins group in Active Directory. For some reason the GPO blocked the Administrator account from accessing the remote servers.

trep