cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent on Veritas server

Robert_Pummill
Level 3
I am running Windows Server 2003 with Veritas BE 9.1.

I am trying to restore 1 individual mailbox for an employee. I can insert the correct tape, choose what file and the destination. When I run the restore it errors out with 0xa000846a and a description that there was an error connecting to the Remote Agent.

This server is running the Veritas software on the C drive with the Exchange Server on the E drive. You can't install the Remote Agent on the computer running BE. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify whether remote agent service uses local system account.
If not please change it to local system and then verify the result.

Also please see the technote below:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267345.htm

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Robert_Pummill
Level 3
The remote agent service is started on the server with the Veritas software. The credentials are set with the administrator account. I have installed the Microsoft loopback adapter on the server. The server can backup all the data just fine.

When I try to restore, the remote service turns off automatically on the server. It remains on on the remote machine. I now get the following failure notice:

Restore - computer name
Storage device "IBM 1" reported an error on a request to seek to a logical media address.

Error reported:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I have updated the Veritas software, the OEM drivers for the tape backup, the firmware on the tape backup and the OS itself. Any ideas?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that the current error regarding I/O device error is different from your original problem. If it is so then we request you to open a new forum post. This will enable us to provide you correct solution.

If my understanding is incorrect then kindly revert.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.