cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing old server from the devices meny -BE 2010 R3

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

After migrating the database from an old server with BE 2010 R3 SP1 to a new server with the excat same version (but a diffrent server name), the old server name is still listed under the Devices menu next to the new server and i cant find a way to remove it from the list.

How can i remove the old server from that list, and even more, how do i delete the old server from the database?

Thanks

Dori

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Under Tools - Backup Exec Services - do you see the old server name under the list of media servers?

If Yes, you can attempt to Remove the Server from the Services Manager and see if it helps.

If it doesn't than the BEDB may need to be modified to delete the server entry, Symantec recommends such steps to be performed by its tech support department only. So I recommend you to log a case with Symantec.

However, the server name appearing in the Devices tab should not interfer your regular backups/restores..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Under Tools - Backup Exec Services - do you see the old server name under the list of media servers?

If Yes, you can attempt to Remove the Server from the Services Manager and see if it helps.

If it doesn't than the BEDB may need to be modified to delete the server entry, Symantec recommends such steps to be performed by its tech support department only. So I recommend you to log a case with Symantec.

However, the server name appearing in the Devices tab should not interfer your regular backups/restores..

dori_bashan
Level 6

the old server name is not listed under the services.

I will contact Symantec.