cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports

Mark_Christoffe
Level 4
I am new to Veritas and would like to know if it offers detailed reporting on what files were backed up. I am used to an other backup application that offers several detailed media reports and can actual parse through the tape catalog to see what is actually on the tape. I need Veritas to do this for me as others have decided to use your product.
3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Christoffe
Level 4
Huh.... interesting nobody has replied. So, I will make the assumption Veritas does not offer these reports as other applications do. Sometimes I wonder why Veritas is see as the standard in backup applications. As I see it, it is lacking many features. But like others, I have to play along.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Refer to the chapter titled 'Reports' on page 519 of the administrator's guide on the following link for all the available reports.

Title : VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

2. As of now there is no report that allows you to parse the data existing on the media and generate a report in backup exec.
You may lodge an enhancement request for the same at:
http://enhancement.veritas.com

3. The data on the media can be viewed by searching the catalogs by name, size or location.
Catalog files contain information about the contents of all media and are used when selections are made for restore jobs.

4. In tools >options >job logs if you check the fourth option that says :Summary information, directories, files and file details. You can see the names of the files the size and date in the job log for the completed jobs in the Job history pane on the job monitor tab.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.