cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resouces no longer availabe under Source

topokin
Level 3

I installed Backup Exec 2010 R2 and did some test backup through the wizard and with the provided policy. The test went well so I deleted all the backup jobs. Now when I try to create new backup job, either through the wizard or policy, I no longer have resources available. The source is empty with error message "Connection with server failed". I have restarted all Backupexec services but to no avail, what I have not yet done is restarting the whole server as that is not possible at present.

How can I get the resources to diplay without having to reboot the whole server?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

If all backupexec services are working fine then please try to use different account by going to network-log on account --click on edit for your default log on account & then enter the domain\username & then click on change password & reenter the password

Also ensure you are using administrator account & then click on ok & ok to save changes & then click on backup tab to see if you see any local resources

Thank You

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

If all backupexec services are working fine then please try to use different account by going to network-log on account --click on edit for your default log on account & then enter the domain\username & then click on change password & reenter the password

Also ensure you are using administrator account & then click on ok & ok to save changes & then click on backup tab to see if you see any local resources

Thank You

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Seems to be credentails issue, did you check the event viewer for any error message.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136148

topokin
Level 3

Thanks. It seems the default logon account changed mistakenly when trying to add VMware host.