cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoration problem

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi Team,

I taken some backups in one tape. Now i'm trying to restore the data it's not showing the data.Pls help on this. i ran the catalog also but it's not happening.

Version : 12.5 Rev 2213.

27 REPLIES 27

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

That is fine ,you didn't update me about when you right click on tape is data on tape visit let or not 

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Yes it's showing some of the data's only (After 19 November). But we are taken some data's on that tape drive before 19 November that data's are not visible.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please duplicate the data on tape to disk and that should show whatever information there on tape as catalog would be recreated during duplicate job again

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi Can you tell me How to duplicate the data on tape to disk?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please check below link this would help to configure duplicate from tape to disk

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24544

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

i tried duplicate existing backup sets. Device is taking that tape but it's not running. Job status is Queued.

Kindly help to recover the data from the tape.

Thnaks in Advance...

- vicky

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

When you configure duplicate job using existing backup set ,I presume you would have click on view by media second tab and would have selected the right tape which you have tried cataloging before.

If not done that way please select the tape by view by media and then run job and should work fine

Hope the backup to disk ukulele have configured have enough of disk to load complete data from tape to disk

Thanks

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi All,

I tried the above methods but i'm not able to recover the data from the tape.

Anyway thanks for your troubleshooting steps.