cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange 2010 server

jeanfl
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a full exchange server in a test lab.  In my test Lab, I have a AD server and my exchange 2010 server.

I have installed my win2k8 R2 server with the same specification of my other Exch server.

In AD, I have reset the xchange server account and join my server to my domain.

I have installed exchange software with setup /m:recoverserver.

I have installed BES with Exchange Agent.

Now I want to recover my database but in Bes, I don't see the Information Store.

I forgot someting but I don't know what.  Someone can help me and maybe give me a link for exchange server recover step by step.

Thanks for your help

14 REPLIES 14

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

have you installed MAPI/CDO on the Exchange server, and the Exchange Management Tools on the Backup Exec Media Server?

tech29
Level 6

As i understand you are trying to restore a backup of exchange 2010 to test lab. It seems you have installed Backup exec also in the test environment. Have you run a catalog job on the tapes which contain the exchange backup? Are you able to see anything under the restore tab?

Regards,

tech29

jeanfl
Level 3

yes i Run catalog job on my tape.  I can see  information store in my tape but I can't see the information store on the target computer.

jeanfl
Level 3

I have installed MAPI/CDO and Exchange Management Tools.

Backup Exec Media and exchange 2010 are on the same server

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the RAWS installed on the Exchange Server?  is it running?

Have you installed a RAWS serial on your Lab media server?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

READ the post, BE in stalled ON exchange, so no SAWS is needed.

The serial can be entered, but can also run in 60 day trial.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are all your exchange services started ?

If not, make sure they are all started, otherwise Backup Exec cannot connect to them to restore your data.

jeanfl
Level 3

I used 60 day trial for my test.

My RAWS is install and running on the exchange server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

Does the BackupExec service account have Exchange Admin rights?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

jeanfl, have you fixed your problem?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...maybe show a bit of respect to a TA?

tech29
Level 6

Hi There,

Also make sure that remote agent service on the exchange server is running under LSA(Local System Account)

Regards,

tech29

jeanfl
Level 3

Sorry!!! Im out of office for few days.  At my office back, I will try your suggestion. 

jeanfl
Level 3

Sorry for the delay.

Is it normal that my exchange Database was not mounted.  My .edb is not create.  Does I have to create it and after restored my information store?

My RAWS is started and run with LSA.  My backup exec services user have all Exchange right.  My exchange services are not all started because my .edb is not create.