cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Files using BE Agents from Drive A to Drive B

Rainel
Level 2

Actually I don't know if it possible in BE15 but of course I can do it on weekends or non-working days.

1. I will restore files using BE Agents from drive A to drive B - very much possible

2. If I want to do incremental from drive A to Drive B to sync files that are not updated before the restoration. Is it possible?

If possible can you please be specific for your solutions, I'm quite new to BE.

Thanks,

Rainel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. Yes...no hassles for this and it will retain security and folder permissions too.

2. Not sure what you mean, or want to do at all. BE will overwrite files by default in a restore location. Are you wanting to NOT do so if the files in Drive B are newer?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

1. Yes...no hassles for this and it will retain security and folder permissions too.

2. Not sure what you mean, or want to do at all. BE will overwrite files by default in a restore location. Are you wanting to NOT do so if the files in Drive B are newer?

Thanks!

Rainel
Level 2

Hello,

Yes I don't want to overwrite files that are newer but then I realize the options "Overwrite the file on disk only if it older" smiley

Anyway thanks CraigV at least someone answers my post even if it is a noobish question; I'm still learning though. smiley

CraigV

No worries, here to help. The Admin Guide is going to help you a lot so give that a (looooong) read. Also check up on the best practices for whatever it is you want to do, and then there is always the Veritas forums!

Cheers!