cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Wizard: unable to find files through the search wizard

Frank_Joern
Level 3

Hello all,

I'm backing up a NetApp filer with NDMP regularly.

If I want to restore a file and use "File and folder backups" / Browse the backup sets ...
everything is ok, e.g.:

APP-BER-BUP2 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.2_2014-02-19_15-02-19.png

But if I use "Files and folders located through Search" / Search for files, folder or volumes ...

I am not able to find any files. It's no difference whether I use slashes oder backslashes.

I tried all variations with / and \

Example:

APP-BER-BUP2 - Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.2_2014-02-20_10-43-14.png

The search hangs and never comes to an end.

Can anyone give me an advice what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using BE2012 SP3 on Windows Server 2008 R2. All updates installed.

regards and thanks in advance.

Frank

4 REPLIES 4

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Frank,

I understand that when you browse for the backup sets it comes up fine. I still want you check if the global settings for 'Catalogs' have the following option selected: Use storage-based Catalogs. 
NDMP backups cannot be properly cataloged if the above mentioned option is not selected. If it is not configured that way, then please make that change and run another backup of a smaller volume(if possible with debugging enabled. Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57961) and then try to perform a restore. 

Frank_Joern
Level 3
Hello Siddhant, thank you for your support. The option "use storage based catalogs" was already checked! That's what I just did: - created a small volume and copied some files to it. - set the ndmpd debug: ber-nas11> ndmpd debug 50 ndmpd debug verbose: 50 ndmpd debug stack trace: false ndmpd debug screen trace: true ndmpd debug file trace: true - startet sgmon - startet a backup2disk - stopped sgmon - set debug back to 0 Attached you'll find the logfiles. regards Frank

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Frank, 

I went through the logs but was unable to find any traces of why the console hangs. I'd request you to open a support case with Symantec to diagnose/troubleshoot the issue further. 

Frank_Joern
Level 3
Hello Siddhant, ok, I will open a case. Thank you for your effords. regards Frank