cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore entire AD error

lelei90343
Level 4
The old AD server is bad. I restore entire AD to new AD server. the new AD server same with old AD server. I follow this link for the opeartion. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87904 I login to new AD server and install BE agent to C:\symantec\Backup Exec (old AD server:C:\Program Files\symantec\Backup Exec). then ...........restore. The opeart are success from step1 to step 11. Then I Press during startup and input AD restore password login to Directory Services Restore Mode. I discovery BE agent service cann't start, I manual start BE agent service, recive a error message "The progame is not regist". So. the remaning opeart is cann't continue. Who can help me? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

lelei90343
Level 4
Who had this problem? Who can share?

lelei90343
Level 4

lelei90343
Level 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The KB which you mentioned is DR of a local Win system (whereupon one installs the complete BE itself), though per your post, it looks like, you are performing a DR of a remote Win system.

If this is indeed the case, would you confirm the path to the Remote Agent service's executable is proper.

And do ensure the Remote Agent service is set to run under a local system account and the RPC service should be running as well.

lelei90343
Level 4

Thank you VJware

I try install BE Agnet for Windows on new AD server. Installation location same with old AD server.

Authoritative Restore opeartion successful, But Domain information is synchronized by additional domain control. I want to make a new AD server information synchronized to additional domain control.

What do I do ?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sync should happen automatically via AD Replication once the restore is complete. And as you ran an authoritative restore, information from the restored DC will be propagated to the other DCs.

Use repadmin to check if replication was successful or not. It can also be used to manually sync replication.

lelei90343
Level 4

I follow the above links do the authentication recovery, but found that the recovery of the object or by additional domain controller synchronization

In the master domain control recovery time, should not turn off additional domain controller?