cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to Another Server - Communications Failure

Margo_Blasko
Level 4
I have been trying to do a restore to a remove server via file redirection.

The BE Remote Agent service is terminating unexpectedly on the remote server. I have set the service to restart after 0 minutes (immediate restart) - however this has not worked.

The error on the restore is:

Final Error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server errors

Is there a patch or fix for this?

Regards,

Margo
8 REPLIES 8

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Is it the Remote Agent of the media server that is terminating or the Remote Agent of the remote server?

Whats the size of the restore and what type of files are you trying to restore?

Does a normal restore run without any errors?

Regards
Padmaja

Margo_Blasko
Level 4
It is the remote agent of the remote server that is terminating.

The size of the restore - I have a total of 360 GB to restore.

However, sometimes it will restore 50 to 60 GB before terminating the restore - other times it will only restore 10GB. There is no pattern.

Yes a normal restore does run without errors.

This is my first encounter with the error. I was doing a full restore for a DR scenario.

Regards,

Margo

Margo_Blasko
Level 4
I forgot to mention that the data is simply data working files - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, MS Project, offline mailbox pst files.

Margo

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote SQL server.

Have you tried running a redirected restore of a small amount of data?

Also, could you check out for any errors logged in the event viewer of the remote machine?

Thanks!

Margo_Blasko
Level 4
Yes the remote agent service is running under the Local System account on the media server and the remote server.

Yes I have tried running a redirected restore of a small amount of data (1 GB) and it was successful - I have also tried a large amount of data (50GB) and it was successful as well.

However - as mentioned this communication was indiscriminantly occurring.

The only error logged on the remote machine is:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Service Control Manager
Event Category:None
Event ID:7031
Date:9/11/2006
Time:9:53:29 AM
User:N/A
Computer:DCC-HEADOFFICE2
Description:
The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Margo

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Margo,

Could you try putting the remote Agent service in Debug mode and check if you see any errors there when the service crashes?

Thanks
Regards

Margo_Blasko
Level 4
Thanks for the reply Amruta,

How do you put the remote agent service in debug mode? How does it show errors?

Thanks,

Margo

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Margo,

Stop the Remote agent service and then right click on the service and then in "Start Parameters" type -debug and click on start.

Start the backup job again and verify the a log file beremote00.log gets generated.

===============