cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored messages have almost blank message body

teyamie
Level 2

Hello, 

We are having trouble restoring our messages from Exchange using GRT. 

Problem: We do a restore of an individual message and it finishes successfully. However, when opening the message, there is only one character in the message body, not the actual message. Sometimes it's a Y, sometimes an A, sometimes a $, etc etc Attachments restore fine but never the actual message body. 

Info: We are running BE 11d, build 7170 SP3, on Windows 2003 servers with Exchange 2007. We have tried with and without the AOFO turned on. We are backing up and restoring from tape.We don’t receive any errors on backup job or restore job.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Anup
Level 6
Certified

check the version of ese.dll on exchange server and backup server.

It should be same.

Try duplicating the backup to disk and then restore from disk backup. 

teyamie
Level 2

Thanks.

The backup to disk works correctly for now and we are using that method in the short term.

The versions of ese.dll do not match. I copied the newer version over to the media server and will perform a test restore in the next few days. I will let you know what I find.

Thanks for the assistance.

Anup
Level 6
Certified

It is not supposed to copy the ese.dll from one server to another.

You need to update that by applying service pack and rollup patches same as exchange server. 

teyamie
Level 2

That fixed it. I updated to the latest SP and hotfixes on both the media server and exchange server. It is now working great!

Thanks for the help!