cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring B2D file from another Server

NeedSymHelp
Level 2

Hi,

I am absolutely new to Backup Exec 10d and have never used this software before. I have a bunch of bkf files, changer.cfg and folder.cfg files in a folder on a USB External HDD. I have it attached to my Windows 2003 SBE server.

I need to RESTORE some files and folders from these bkf files. How do I do this? 

This is what I have tried ...

1. I have clicked on Restore and tried to find a way to navigate to the folder that has these files and cannot seem to find a way to do this.
  2. I have tried the search catalogs and input the path to the folder in both location and paths and I cannot seem to get anywhere.

I would appreciate it very much if someone can point me in the right direction and some step-by-step to follow.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

NEED HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) delete the changer.cfg and folder.cfg files

2) attach the USB disk to the BE media server and make sure that it is functioning correctly.

3) In the Devices tab, create a new normal B2D folder and point it to the B2D directory on the USB drive.  Do NOT define a Removable B2D folder.

4) Right-click on the new B2D folder and select Inventory. After inventory, select Catalog.

5) In the Media tab, you should be able to see the .bkf files.  Expand them and you should be able to see the individual items for you to restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

In Backup Exec create a new backup-to-disk folder and point it to path the data is on (the drive windows assigned the usb device) then run an inventory.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) delete the changer.cfg and folder.cfg files

2) attach the USB disk to the BE media server and make sure that it is functioning correctly.

3) In the Devices tab, create a new normal B2D folder and point it to the B2D directory on the USB drive.  Do NOT define a Removable B2D folder.

4) Right-click on the new B2D folder and select Inventory. After inventory, select Catalog.

5) In the Media tab, you should be able to see the .bkf files.  Expand them and you should be able to see the individual items for you to restore.

NeedSymHelp
Level 2

Thank you for the responses.

I have tried both suggestions and still having an issue.

1. I keep getting this error. I don't understand this as it is not tape but B2D .
  2. I tried it with a different B2D folder and it catalogs fine, but when I do the inventory and I see the Monitor and it shows as "Loading Media" it's been 22 hours.

Not sure what to do. There are roughtly 76 bkf files and i can't imagine that all the files are corrupt!

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Need Help!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I keep getting this error.

You have not stated what the error is.