cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring GRT Exchange 2010 Sp1 /hosting multi tenant Error Error "0xe00002fc"

Josep_Prada
Level 3

Hello,

For years i've been working with Exchange and Symantec Backup Exec without problems. But now we are mounting a Exchange 2010 Sp1 multi tenant mode, and we're having problems with restore in granular mode.

We have 2 MB server in a DAG, and we are using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 + updates.

The Backup Process works well with the DAG of 2 MB servers. We are backup to HDD, all seems to work correctly.

When we are trying to restore one mailbox or one mail with GRT, we see the mailbox and all the emails in the backup files. But when the tasks begins it fails with Error 0xe00002fc.

After reading some of your solutions (for exchange 2003) it seems that the new feature of independent GALS makes that Symantec Backups Exec cannot find the users in the GAL (like hidden) and makes this error.

Is there a fix or solution for this? We are planing to put in production in a month or two, but we need to test it know.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please include the whole error message which is shown in the job log.

Josep_Prada
Level 3

This is the Log, is in spanish:

Registro de tareas de Restaurar 00001
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estado al finalizar: Fallida    Vea error(es)  
Expandir todoContraer todo 

Información de tarea
Servidor de trabajos: DC01
Nombre de trabajo: Restaurar 00001
El trabajo ha comenzado: jueves, 19 de mayo de 2011 a las 20:03:58
Tipo de trabajo: Restaurar
Registro de trabajo: BEX_DC01_00003.xml

Operación de trabajos - Restaurar  

Servidor - mail.newage.id
Información de unidad y de montaje de soportes: 19/05/2011 20:04:09
Nombre de la unidad: Copia Exchange (E:\BackupExchange\IMG000001)
Etiqueta de soporte: IMG000001
GUID del soporte: {93da346e-27df-4b03-a893-5a57351c8194}

Todos los soportes utilizados
 IMG000001

Información de grupo - \\DAG1.newage.id\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database 0657005640 DAG1.newage.id
Restauración Información de grupo
Restaurando datos a \\DAG1.newage.id\Microsoft Information Store\Mailbox Database 0657005640 DAG1.newage.id.

Cinta nº1: " Soporte creado el 19/05/2011 a las 19:31:59 "
Copia de seguridad realizada el 19/05/2011 a las 19:50
Grupo de copias de seguridad nº1: " Copia Exchange Full "

La restauración se inició el 19/05/2011 a las 20:05:51.

Restauración Información detallada de grupo
V-79-57344-764 - No se puede restaurar ningún contenido de Josep Prada - Pepolla [josep prada - pepolla] porque la base de datos de Microsoft Exchange que aloja ese buzón está fuera de línea o el buzón no existe.

Restauración completada el 19/05/2011 a las 20:06:08.

Restauración Resumen de grupo
Se han restaurado 0 almacenes de Exchange Server
0 bytes procesados en 17 segundos.
Velocidad de rendimiento: 0.000 MB/min

Estado al finalizar la tarea
El trabajo ha finalizado: jueves, 19 de mayo de 2011 a las 20:06:08
Estado al finalizar: Fallida
Error final: 0xe00002fc - No es posible restaurar uno o varios buzones. La base de datos en la que se encuentran los buzones está desmontada o no es posible acceder a ella. Asegúrese de que el servidor esté disponible y que la base de datos esté montada y, a continuación, vuelva a ejecutar el trabajo.
Categoría de error final: Errores de recurso

Para obtener información adicional acerca de este error, vaya al vínculo V-79-57344-764

Josep_Prada
Level 3

Hello, any ideas?

It seems that is happening to more people:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/grt-restore-exchange-hosted-fails

Anyone is using Exchange 2010 /hosting and is recovering granular ok?

Thanks

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Josep,

Are you running a license or evaluation edition of Backup Exec ?
If you have a licensed copy, I suggest to contast Symantec about this issue, as I indeed, have seen this question before, but never seen a correct solution.

I think it has something to do with the GAL, BE cannot see the user, and therefore cannot restore data to it.

Can you redirect the restore to an admin mailbox, or the BE service account mailbox ?

If so, you can extract the data and import it, just to speed up the process, by waiting for a responce of Symantec.

Josep_Prada
Level 3

I will try to call Symantec, i have a Licence of all system.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

@Josep: I have hit the support flag on this query for you. Please post back if someone gets hold of you and you manage to find a solution for this!

DrAction
Level 3

I am also very interested in a solution for this problem, because I have exactly the same one!

DrAction
Level 3

Hi,

any new Information on this Case?