cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring VMDK files to VMWare ESX - Linux server

DilbertW01
Level 3

I have a number of VMDK files that I am attempting to restore to a VMWare ESX server.  I used a Backup Exec 12.5 server with a USB external drive attached to it.  I backed up the VMDK files from the VMWare servers with the Linux RALUS agent which all completed successfully.

I then mailed the USB drive to a remote office.  The USB drive is attached to another BE 12.5 server.   I was able to inventory and catalog the files. 

Some of the restores are successful while others are failing with messages like:

Job ended: Thursday, March 05, 2009 at 2:37:27 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe19 - An operation was attempted on an item that has not been opened.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65049

The link is of no help.  I tried making sure that all destination directories on the VMWare servers were empty and running the restores again.  Same results - some succeed with others failing with that message.

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Dariel_Cruz
Level 3
I have the same problem, just 2 files,  I can restore one file just fine (the small one) but the other (3GB) goes thru about 73% then it errors out, I have tried one file at the time different directories on the host and nothing works, the files restore to the backexec server itself without a problem. 

Dariel_Cruz
Level 3
I was restoring the file to the wrong datastore and there was not enough space available on it, I wish the error message was better handled (An operation was attempted on an item that has not been opened = not enough space available) its even shorter.