cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring an Active Directory user object

colin_weiner
Level 3
I am having trouble restoring an Active Directory user object. I created a test user in AD and run a backup of the DC (the backup jobs has the "Enable the restore of individual objects from Active Directory backups" checked).

After the backup job completes successfully, I delete the user object in AD. I then run a restore with that user object selected. The restore starts and eventually fails with this error:

Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent.
Final error category: Resource Errors

I'm running Backup Exec 11D Rev 6235 with hot fix 2 and 6. It's a Windows 2003 AD domain. When I look at the DC, there are no BE errors and the Backup Exec remote is running on the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Colin
1 REPLY 1

colin_weiner
Level 3
I fixed the error by going to Tools -> Options -> Network and Security. I changed the the "Network Interface" from "Local Area Connection" to "Use any available network interface".

I'm not sure why this would have fixed the error. Both the BE server and the DC I was restoring too are on the same subnet.

-Colin