Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring backup made on other server

Andrey145
Not applicable

Hello!

I'm using BE 2010 and here's the problem:

I have 2 backup files(.v2i) one is a system disk(C:) other is just data volume.

These backups were made not by me on the other server.

I need to restore them from my computer to another server. What needs to be done to make it?

And at first - how to discover .v2i files via BE to add my backups to the Recovery list?

I tried to search in catalogues, but nothing found. I understood that this search used to find backups, made with this concrete instance of BE.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I don't think that BE allows you to restore files from a Ghost image...

What you'd do though is create a new restore job, and then simply redirect the restore to another server, which has to run the RAWS agent.

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup exec cannot read the .v2i files Using the BESR Recovery Point Browser ,V2i images can be mounted and files can be accessed. So you need to install it and use recovery point browser to mount v2i and extract the content out of it

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for completeness both Ghost and BESR (Now called SSR) are completely separate products from Backup Exec and therefore at very least you need to install the correct product on your 2nd server in order to do the restore.

Please ask in the correct forum for BESR/SSR for more information

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerl...