cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring

Andre_Lima
Level 3
Hi all.

I recently configured backup exec 10d. It is work fine but when I click to restore, the screen appears, I chose the correct resource but only show me the 5 or 4 last backups.

How can I configure to show more then 5 last backups? Im using Power Vault 132T and LTO3 400/800GB

PS: In the old server that was configured 10d, its showed me about 30 last backups.

What I have to configure to show theses backups cuz if some one ask me to restore backup from last week I will not able.

My backup schema have LTO tapes for all month.

Thanks all
11 REPLIES 11

Andre_Lima
Level 3
No one knows?

leeg
Level 3
You could try changing the view on the left hand side. Sometimes gets changed to display last 7 days?

Message Edited by leeg on 06-03-2008 06:33 AM

Andre_Lima
Level 3
If I change to view restore by media or resource I always see the last 5. And if I run 5 backups during in a day these 5 backups will overwrite the other and I will see only these 5 new ones.

In this situation isn't good. If some one request me to restore a file more than 5 days I have to many dificulties to do this job.

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sounds like the jobs are reusing media rather than using new media

If yo take a tape that you know contains a good backup from last week, say, and inventory it, what happens?

Andre_Lima
Level 3
If I inventory after that I ll ne to catalog media and so I can restore files in the media. Sometimes inventory and catalog jobs take a long time to finish and I need to guess what tape is the correct...

As I said in the first topic. I had 23 tapes and Im using 21. I monitored if is was using the same tape and I sure that are using the 21 tapes. One for each job for each day.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sometimes inventory and catalog jobs take a long time to finish and I need to guess what tape is the correct...

Understand.  I'm just interested to see if when you run the catalog, BackupExec tells you that the media is already cataloged

Do you inventory every time you change tapes?

Andre_Lima
Level 3
No. I can catalog media twice and catalog was succesfull both. Sometimes I try to catalog and I got a error so I make an inventory and I am able to catalog media.

The strange thing that happen. Even if I chose to view by media or resource always show me the last 5. I m going crazy..LOL

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just went back and re-read the whole thread -

Back when leeg  said "change the view", he didn't mean from volume view to media view, he mean "change the filter to show all media as opposed to last 5 days worth"

Andre_Lima
Level 3
I almost sure that there is no filter. The instalation of backexec is new. The same configuration was made like the old server.

Look the image when you click in restore. Maybe I m not understand what leeg said.

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Don't have a v10 server anymore.  I'll see if I can find it in the v10 Admin Guide

If you run a Media Set report, do the older tapes show there?

Andre_Lima
Level 3
I ll run the report and let you know later cuz now my time gone. Need to go home but thanks for your help.

Thanks