cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robotic Library Destination element full error

Robert_Gorhum
Not applicable
Hi,
I am using BE 8.6 on a Win2k server. I have one of the drive on my robotic library keep giving me the error in the subject line. I have disconnect the drive, reset the library, rebooted the server, removed the tape, and about every other concievable thing, and the drive still thinks there is a tape in the drive.

I have this error every couple of months and can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Brandon_Steili
Level 4
I have the same issue... mine just started over the weekend and unfortunately no matter what I do it will not go away.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The only thing I can find is http://support.veritas.com/docs/192089 but that isn't really much help.

Have you tried updating firmware and software for the controller and the library?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
That error will normally occur if there is a tape in the drive when Backup Exec tries to use the robot to load one. Normally when you start up a tape library and get Windows/Backup Exec to detect it, all tapes will be returned to their slots. If this doesn't happen, you get the destination element full message. Also be sure the tape library is set to Random (not sequential) and/or SCSI control mode so that the server can properly control it.

Russ