cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - VMs Nutanix Protection Policy Backups to tape

lportugal
Level 1

Hi i did a successfull configuration of Nutanix Protection Plan on WebUI to protect some VMs on Nutanix Cluster Enviroment.

When i´ve tried to select tape library as a secondary destination, for long term retention it´s not possible.

According on the Veritas official documentation tape storage is not supported as final backup destination:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/130706365-133278127-0/v130721947-133278127

OpenStorage is required or S3 cloud repositories.

My company cannot contract cloud services easyly, so we need backup VMs to tape for long-term retention.

I would request the feature to do automatic Nutanix VMs backups from disk to tape.   

2 REPLIES 2

kiyan
Level 5

Hi there, 

can you be more specific for the issue or type of error you are receving, once you have any data availble on netbackup as backup files, you should be able to duplicate it to tape without any issue.

I understand your request. It is a good idea to backup VMs to tape for long-term retention, especially if you cannot contract cloud services easily.

I have checked the Veritas documentation and you are correct that tape storage is not supported as a final backup destination for Nutanix Protection Plan. However, I have also seen requests for this feature from other users. I will pass your request along to the Veritas product team.

In the meantime, you may be able to use a third-party backup solution to backup your VMs to tape. There are a number of solutions available, such as Veeam Backup & Replication and Rubrik. These solutions can be used to backup VMs to tape, as well as to other storage destinations, such as disk and cloud.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.