cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDR size jumped to 1.64 T fro 155 Gb

Automation
Level 3

Hi

Recently BE2012 stated that the SDR Drive with the BEData file was full. I have created a network drive to use and on the first SDR backup I noticed the backup size had jumped from 155 Gb to 1.64 T

Please could you assist me in finding the fault.

Karl

5 REPLIES 5

Automation
Level 3

Sorry, should probably tell you that I am running the SDR job on the Backup Exec Server not a remote machine

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Since SDR requires you to select the entire server, probably the new network drive is included in your backup. Check the selection list again and try to exclude the network drive

Automation
Level 3

Have checked backup and not seen the drive listed. Will it be clearly visible or nested in another folder?

Thanks for your time

Moe_Howard
Level 4

As a test, create a new SDR backup job. Be sure to de-select everything except for C:\ and System State. Run this job and check to see if it will complete around the expected size.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the network drive connected to the media server?  If it is, then it should be listed at the same level as the C: drive.

To get to the bottom of this, you might want to use CatTools to dump out the before and after size increase catalogs and compare them.  See below

CATTOOLS.EXE Utility

CatTools will list the files in the catalog.