cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEP 12.1 in BE2010 R3 media server

villeah
Level 5

I have run BE2010 without SEP because the issues I had with it. Now I decided to give another go for it, but unfortunately no improvement has happened. After installing SEP 12.1.1101.401. When backing up to deduplication folder job rates decreased from 825MB/sec to around 200-300MB/sec. I have created following folder exceptions:

- Deduplication folders

- BE installation folder

- MS SQL

- B2D folder

Is there something else that needs to be done? BE version is 2010 R3 SP2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

HI,

Backup Exec Backup and Restore job rates are slower than expected with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 installed

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168940

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

HI,

Backup Exec Backup and Restore job rates are slower than expected with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 installed

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168940

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Note for any anti-virus packages installed on a media server where dedup is installed, the deduplication folder structure on the hard disk must be completely excluded from any access blocking or any ability to quarantine files. Failure to do this might result in corruption of the Deduplicated data content and inability to restore.

Reason this is an issue is that when we chunk up the data to identify duplicate chunks to deduplicate, the resulting individual files may be incorrectly identified as suspicious by security scanning software and any form of access denial or file movement affecting the deduplication process itself could cause a major issue within the stored data.

villeah
Level 5

Hello,

Could you specify a little. Is it enough if I exclude \DedupStorage -folder, including subfolders, or is the something else to be excluded as well?

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited
yes,all subfolder excluded automatic. Try above attach artical