cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

We want to install Backupexc 2010 R2 on a server that has SQL 2008 already install on it, so my question is how can we direct the installation to the our SQL 2008 instead of installing the SQL express edition? when we try to install the BAckup exc with SQL express then we get this error:

04-11-2011,14:40:30 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 29508. ***To search for information about this error, click here
04-11-2011,14:40:30 : Please review C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details

Any idea how to use SQL 2008 instead of SQL express?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your update,

I am going to test the backup of an VM server, I did install the VM workstation on a server and setup an VM OS (windows 2003). now I want to back-up this VM OS in the case of the VM crechs.

when we did install our BE evaluation we use the custom install and we did not check the option for the VM agent, is it possible to enable this agent after installing the BE evaluation version?

From what I understand we should just install the windows agent on the Parent server that host the VM (with OS 2003) and after that if the agent for the VM is enabled for BE then we can backup the gust OS, is this correct? or we should install the windows agent on the VM gust OS and not on the Parent server?

Thanks