cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same problem with BE 11d and 12.5; jobs run fine but hang before verify and never complete...

camealy
Level 2
Partner
I have two BackupExec servers doing the same thing all the sudden.  Both ran fine for a long time before this started happening.  The job will complete through to the last selection set item and then sit there with the timer counting up.  Verify never starts and I can switch around the selection order and it will always go to the last item and sit there.  On the BE 11D server when this happens the services won't even stop.  (the job engine hangs)  I tried applying all the latest updates on both, changing the job device locations (local B2D), re-pushing the agents and reboots.  Nothing stops this behavior.  It is as almost if at the point of finishing the last selection item it is attempting to call something or write a piece of data to the catalog or database and can't.

What should I try next?

Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

camealy
Level 2
Partner
Anyone?

jeremyloe
Level 2
I have the same issue on my 12.5 server. Only occuring with one b2d job, was working fin and then one day just decided it wasn't going to verify anymore; I havn't changed anything.
Backup location has more than enough room available. Recreating job and b2d folder now. we'll see what happenes, only problem is i can't start the job till 2am and the test doesn't fail. :(

jeremyloe
Level 2
added subscription. please ignore...

vinanteg
Level 3
Certified
Strange... Why don't you try recreating the job again from the beggining? I mean that you should create a new selection list, select the target device and the whole job (with its schedule and everything..