cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled job does not complete; requires manual eject from library

Abc_NetOps
Level 2
We have one specific job that uses the Remote Windows Agent that will not complete and requires that the tape be manually ejected from our SDLT Tape drive. The job does not fail, it just continues to run (to the anticipated byte count). The other jobs behind it (designated for the same SDLT device) never attempt because the drive is still busy with an active job.

If I put this job on hold for an evening the other jobs behind it run as normal. So I do not think it is a device issue, as much as something associated with this particular job/remote server agent.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem? Is so, suggestions?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
f you specify Eject, all DLT type drives will signal Eject, and the green Eject lighjt will go on, but BackupExec will wait for a response to the "Remove Media" alert.

You can see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm
for some tweaks that AutoRespond to several alerts, this one included.

Is this a standalone device or a library?

Abc_NetOps
Level 2
This is a Dell 132T tape library.

None of my jobs specify the "Eject media when job completes." Usually, the device handles the move back to a slot after the job completes. I do have the "Enable automatic job cancellation" set to 4 hours - but this is being ignored as the job will continue to run until I eject the tape (manually - reaching into the device) and stop/start all the Backup Exec Services (right click, cancel job does nothing).

After the service restart, the job monitor will see the job as having failed, with the log and restore list showing all the files I anticipated.

In the past, this job has run correctly; this scenario has started within the last week. I believe the Veritas server and remote client software are up to near latest versions (I applied updates a month ago).

Thank you for the feedback, any other suggestions?