cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server is reporting DEADLOCK

Michael_Gossett
Level 4
Partner Certified
When we run backups that use the network on one of our servers we get a DEADLOCK error in the logs and in the system tray. I have no idea what is causing this. This just happened to start one day, I google'd and came back with it relating to something with the network card, so I went ahead and updated the drivers. No dice. Please help!
7 REPLIES 7

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
Using CPS?

Michael_Gossett
Level 4
Partner Certified
No. And I found out there was only one nic in use so I unteamed the NIC's...Test Run goes fine but real job fails...

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
When my test ran fine and real job failed I just deleted all policies, jobs, selection lists, created a new selection list and job, everything worked.

There is an issue with jobs carried over from V 10.

When I used policies my jobs always stuffed up.

When I just used a selection list it was fine.

Michael_Gossett
Level 4
Partner Certified
New install, new selection list.

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
All three patches?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

Thank You,

Shweta

Ronald_Pereira
Level 3
Hi all,

I am receiving the same msg 'Pottential Dead Lock Condition' from 2 of the machines I am trying to backup. The job fails while snapshot in progress. From the event viewer of those machines the Event ID is 26 which also states Pettential DeadLock Condition. I have selected AOFO and selected Automatic...Please share any tips or ideas. I also notice a yellow exclamation mark from the selection lists on these two servers. I have reinstalled the remote agents several times but the problem still persists. I have tried using the NT backup utility, that runs fine without any error. Please please help.

Regards