cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server won't boot after install of 9.0

Bill_Kangas
Level 2
Hello,

I am new to Veritas software. I installed version 9.0 on Server 2003. Install seemed to go fine. The install found the driver for my Quantum DLT 7000 tape drive and installed it. After install I was prompted to reboot. Tried to do so but the computer would only get to the Server 2003 splash screen and than spontaneously reboot. It would repeat this cycle endlessly. I tried booting into safe mode only to have the same problem. I tried removing the SCSI card and disconnecting the tape drive as I had just installed these as well, the problem presisted. Finally I booted to the advanced startup options and booted with the Last Known Good configuration. The server booted fine.

So I know that the Vertias install changed something with my registry that server 2003 does not like. Anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Bill K.
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you see any Events in the event logs concerining the problem?
- Do you have any other third party application running which could conflit with Backupexec?
- Do you have APC Powerschut running?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Bill_Kangas
Level 2
Hello,

The only unusual error message I see in the event logs is for the DNS server. It reads "The DNS server has encountered a critical error from the Active Directory. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly. The event data contains the error." (ID 4015).

For 3rd party applications I do have Symantec Antivirus Enterprise Edition 10.0 running. I did not disable this before I did the install, so that could be part of the problem. However, the applications log shows no errors.

I do not have APC Powerchut running.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are you using a Win 2003 server?
Also have you installed any drivers?

Please see the technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261728

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.