cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Copy Components in Test/Edit Credentials

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

Before anything else, I would like to state clearly that my problem is NOT with Shadow Copy Components selections showing up in the selection list, causing jobs to fail. This is a separate issue from that, so please don't link me to the technote describing how to remove the SCC selection, that is not the problem.

The problem is that, after upgrading from BE 2010 R3 to BE 2012 with a completely clean wipe (which is to say, we deleted all the old B2D jobs, media, policies, everything. The only information we retained was the catalogs.), after creating new jobs, we've run into the issue of occasionally getting jobs failing with this error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39777

The problem is, this isn't being caused because the credentials are incorrect at all. The account being used is the domain administrator and has full priviledges, and when you go into test/edit credentials, it passes all of the checks except for the "Shadow Copy Components" section of the credentials check. We've managed to make this particular job succeed by completely removing all selections and rechecking them, however, we still have the Shadow Copy Components section that always fails the credential check.

The question we want answered is, is it possible to just entirely remove the Shadow Copy Components from the backups entirely? Which is to say, make sure it does not appear in the Test/Edit Credentials list anymore?

That selected field is what I want gone from this list, and all other backup credential test lists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi there shadow copy should not be listed in BE 2012 on first place and if you see that in resource credential test though you have not selected it, then I would suggest removing that server first and then reading that server and then making new selection again to see if shadow copy is listed or not as in my case I had the same issue I removed the entire server and readded it back and now it is working fine Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi there shadow copy should not be listed in BE 2012 on first place and if you see that in resource credential test though you have not selected it, then I would suggest removing that server first and then reading that server and then making new selection again to see if shadow copy is listed or not as in my case I had the same issue I removed the entire server and readded it back and now it is working fine Thanks

Richard_G2
Level 2

I have the same problem, but the option to delete the server is greyed out (probably because its the one that BE2012 is running on)...HEEEELLLLLLPPPP

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please open a new thread for this!

Also in your case server is greyed out to delete because I presume BE 2012 is installed on SBS so in that you can delete the server like that

Thanks