cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint problem

Level 2
Environment:

BackupExec Media Server - Windows 2003 w/SP1, BackupExec 9.1.4691 SP2 with SharePoint agent and SQL Agent installed

SharePoint Server - Windows 2003 w/SP1 running WIndows SharePoint Services 2003 and SQL 2000 Server back end (not MSDE) running on the same server.

I've installed the remote agent according to the instructions in the Administrator manual; however, I'm not seeing the SharePoint objects as a option in the selection field; I am able to back it up as a SQL Database but need the ability to back up at the document level; any suggestions?

Thank you,
Tim Pittson
5 REPLIES 5

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
With 9.1 you can only backup the SQL databases in Sharepoint 2003.

BE 10 supports document level backup but only on Web document libraries - it will not work on SQL document libraries.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please revert to us if the problem persists.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Walter_van_Loon
Level 2
We have the exact same problem and are really surprised by the reply: "With 9.1 you can only backup the SQL databases in Sharepoint 2003."

Exactly what good is the "sharepoint 9.1 agent" if this is true ? We already had the SQL agent. We were told we could do document level backup/restore with this agent and now it seems we first need to upgrade to version 10. Does this mean we get a refund for our useless 9.1 sharepoint agent (since we already had the SQL agent) ?

Luis_Zucco
Not applicable
Sharepoint backup Agent 9.1 also works to Sharepoint Services 2.0 ? Or only for Portal Server.