cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint restore fails with 'Remote Agent not detected on <sharepoint subresource>.

evosoft
Level 2

Hello Community,

I am trying to restore a Sharepoint page but it fails within few seconds with the error that no remote agent was found. But that is impossible because the backup jobs run successful.

The curious thing is that BE2012 is trying to find the agent on the resource and not on the Sharepoint server.

What is wrong?

One more thing I found out: If I go to the backup sets it is not showing me the backup I want to restore on 30th January. I clicked to expand and it shows nothing.

And yes, I already reinstalled the agent, restarted both servers / services. Deleted and added the server in the BE console again. Nothing helped.

Could it be that the backup is corrupted?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Can you please confirm if this is App GRT backup using vmware agent for sharepoint or the backup is done using sharepoint agent. Also the backup is done on tape or disk?

Thanks

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Check if the Remote agent has crashed on the Media server or any one of the servers in the Farm

Event viewer - Windows logs - Application Error ( event id 1000)

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Check if the Remote agent has crashed on the Media server or one of the Sharepoint servers in the Farm.

Event viewer - Windows logs - Application error (event id: 1000)

evosoft
Level 2

Well, I was able to restore the whole Database from this date, I am also able to restore a sharepoint recource from another date.

I guess the Backup is somehow corrupt.

However, we will recreate the site from the DB Backup. Its just the longer way.

Thanks.

yes