Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skips a file during backup

Agust
Level 5

Hello,

in the job log it says:

Backup- \\servername\System?State
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\\systemroot\system32\drivers\lsi_sas.sys is not present on the...

And when the job finishes running a warning popup informs me of the following:

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

1 files were skipped.

Note: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server NTAFRITA1 is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.:

Now the product is licensed but is there a special license for aofo?

Server being backed up is windows2008r2 updates and service packs installed and the remote agent is the most up to date (installed today).

The backup server is a windows2003 with all updates and servicepacks and the backup exec is 2010R3 with all hotfixes as of today.

And the question here is how do I not skip the file?

Best regards,
Agust.

5 REPLIES 5

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to the following document to resolve this issue:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126412

Agust
Level 5

Hi,

that document did indeed show how to remedy the fault in the registry but the backup is still the same and skips the file. I also think it skips a lot more since the stuff being backed up is about 20 GB and the backup itself does not reach more than 15 GB. 

Best regards,
Agust.

sbora
Level 6

Can you run Windows backup utility on the server and try a system state backup and see if it backs up all the files?

Also can you please provide further details as to what makes you think that the backup is skipping lot more files? Do we see more files in backup job log as skipped?

Where do you see that the data being backed up is 20GB?

Agust
Level 5

I conclude that the backup should be about 20 GB because that is the space used on the disk.

I have run windows backup utility on the server and selected to back up systemstate and that runs so slowly that we will have to see the result tomorrow...

sbora
Level 6

Amount of data backed up in system state backup will not be same as the space used on the disk. This is not a correct comparison. It is backing up correct amount of data unless it reports any error or exception in the backup job.

Let us know the result of System State backup from Windows backup utility and also send the backup report.