cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap Server 4500 restore

Dave_Rule
Level 2
I have BE9.1 running on a sbsw2k. I could not backup the snap server via user defined so i installed the unix/linux agent. I can now backup the server but if i try to restore i get Final error: 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server
Restore - RVER05/shares_SHARE1Access is denied to Remote Agent
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Did you "Connect As" with an ID on the SNAP when you backed up?

If you log onto the media server as the BackupExec service account can you browse to the SNAP and create and delete files?

Dave_Rule
Level 2
Thanks for replying.
I have tried different logon accounts for the restore. the same account used to backup does not work for the restore. I can restore the file/files to the BE media windows server so it has to be a account problem. the snap server is a member server in the domain and I was told by adaptec i do not need local accounts. i have and created local accounts without any help. all users in our domain have full rights to the snap server share right now.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
hello,

Does that mean that the resotre are succesfull now. Do you need to troubleshoot now or os the issue resolved?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Dave_Rule
Level 2
no, restore to the snap server error has not been resolved, still the same error as above

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Dave,

Sorry for the late reply.
Can you please update if you are still having the same problem ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.