cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot provider error (0xE000851C)

Dennis_K
Level 2
Hi all

I'm running BackExec 10d on server 2003 and I getting an error during 8GB file backup splitted in on 4 drives:
Snapshot provider error (0xE000851C): Cache files required for the VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot could not be created. Check that there is at least 50 MB of free disk space, and review the settings for the snapshot that are reported in the job log.

I tried solution at http://support.veritas.com/docs/274096. but it does not help. I have on all drvies about 50GB of free space and I tried all drives for the cache.

I reset everything to default in AOFO wizard, but still I have the same problem.

Please advise...
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are you taking exchange backups if yes then we suggest that yoo do not use AOFO for exchange backups.

If this is not the case please revert.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dennis_K
Level 2
No, it's not Exchange...it's a database file (not SQL).

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

we recommend you not to use the AOFO option with database backups

Please try taking backup of data files only and then verify whether you receive the same error.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dennis_K
Level 2
Thank you very much for a quick response. however, I have to use AOFO cause there is 24/7 access to DB. Otherwise, the access to DB is being locked and noone can use it.

Also, we used AOFO in BackupExec 9.1 without any problem for the same database before.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Make sure all the files with extension *.vsp are excluded from the antivirus scan.
Also exclude the aofostore folder from the antivirus scan.

Do revert back on this.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.