cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql backup

syntax
Level 2
Hi!
I have Installed Backup Exec 9.1 On my Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
I also made a push installation fot the Sql server Agents for the machines i want to back up.
but what i couldn't see is the sql server selection .....
on my selection menu i can see only the computers and the shared files but i can't see the sql database of the computers i want to back up.
as i mentioned i am quite sure i have installed the agents on the computer via the backup exec machine...it did push installation and then restarted the computers....
i can see the service is running on the computers...and service is also running on the backup server....
but i can not see the sql server resources...
i understand that the reason for that might be something with the license but i could not understand what...
plz help
10x in advance...
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sorry wrong threadMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

Initially ensure that you have the Serial Number of the SQL Agent installed on the Media Server.

Refer the following Technote and enable Restrict Anonymous.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.