cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

David_Jennings
Level 5
I've recently started using the AOFO option and since I've started using it. Before I started using it the backups were successful. Comparing the amount of data it looks consistent w/ pre-AOFO, but should I be concerned. When I check the job logs I get the message:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "E:". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000851C): Cache files required for the VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot could not be created. Check that there is at least 50 MB of free disk space, and review the settings for the snapshot that are reported in the job log.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

I moved the location for the cache file to a mapped network drive on a server w/ enough free space to equal the total amount of data being backed up.
2 REPLIES 2

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the above technote

Snapshot provider error (0xE000851C): Cache files required for the Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot could not be created. Check that there is at least 50 MB of free disk space, and review the settings for the snapshot that are reported in the job log. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274096

Hope this helps

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

David_Jennings
Level 5
Yeah, that does help. I see the issue is now because I am using a mapped network drive for my cache file. Is there any way to successfully use a network drive as the cache location? And is it necessary for the cache file location to have the same amount of free space as the backup job? I'm back up one some folders on one partition of my hard drive(about 3 gbs a night), but the two other partitions which are local only have 300 mb free between the 2 of them. And should those jobs that have the error message be considered successful?Message was edited by:
David Jennings