cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage pool

saruti
Level 2

I have a USB external drive that is about 7TB formated and I have an internal drive that is about 3TB formated. I have a backup job that is about 9TB. How can I configure the 2 drives so that the backup fits on the 2 drives. My first attempt was to try a storage pool but that appeaers to be a way to load balance and not span drives.

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are using BE 2012 and above, there is no way to span disks. You would need to split your backup job so that each portion fit into one disk.

However, you would face another problem.  DLM will not delete the last recovery point until a new recovery point is done.  This means that you need to have sufficient disk space for 2 backup sets and not just one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are using BE 2012 and above, there is no way to span disks. You would need to split your backup job so that each portion fit into one disk.

However, you would face another problem.  DLM will not delete the last recovery point until a new recovery point is done.  This means that you need to have sufficient disk space for 2 backup sets and not just one.

Thank you