cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange DLO installation error

Luis_Sakihama
Level 4
Hi All,

First of all, I would like to know if it is possible to do a DLO push install on a Win XP SP2 machine, if so I've just tried to do that, but an error appeared: "Can not find the file specified". I know that there are some security issues when trying to do push install to a XP machine but I think this error is about another reason.

I checked paths and installation files and everything is ok. I also check the Win registry and paths are also ok. What is wrong there??

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

For a desktop with Windows XP and SP2, you need to install the agent directly from the user's desktop computer. Refer to the following technote:

How to install the Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option desktop agent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264952

If the issue persists, revert with details on the exact error message. Also check for errors in the Windows event logs.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Luis_Sakihama
Level 4
Thanks you very much priya for your answer, but the OS is WinXP SP1 and the error message is related to a file that is missing... have you ever heard about an error like this??

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you have mentioned that you get the error during push-install of DLO agent have you tried the silent install mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.