cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support documents have disappeared

Andrew_McHale
Level 3

Hello,

I was using a support document located here to backup & reinstall my BE12 media server. Having backed everything up, reinstalled windows and reinstalled BE12 I went back to the link to find the process for replacing the original files (in order to restore my previous config) but the link gives me a '404 - File not found' error.

An earlier version of this support doc which was located here is also giving a '404 - File not found' error.

The support document was called "How to move Backup Exec for Windows Servers from one system to another with the same or different computer names" and was labelled MoveBEDB_310864.doc as referenced in the Related Documents section of this support document.

Can anyone provide me with this document or a link to it?

Many thanks

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

Alex1972
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello everybody

I'm unable to find that document (MoveBEDB_310864.doc), is anybody here can e-mail it to me?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Untalented
Level 4
This appears to be happening to quite a few documents. I was looking for this document recently as well. What's the deal Robot Sad?

Andrew_McHale
Level 3

I guessed my way through restoring my BE install.

1. Install BE (using same options & locations as originally installed)

2. Make sure all updates are applied

3. Stop all BE services

4. Copy the backed up files back to their original locatio.

5. Restart BE services (I rebooted for the sake of it)

I was suprised to see my Devices were automatically imported using the above process as the missing document suggested they'd have to be recreated.

It all went swimmingly for me with all previous media being available and all backup jobs carrying on as before (with the exception of the Media server backup itself which now reports a "device not found" error, but thats another story)

Andrew