cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support options

Teslah
Level 3

Hi, one of my client is evaluating backup exec 2015, so we just installed the trial version. If my information is right, to receive technical support from a symantec technician you need to buy the software and also buy the support options since support does not come with the purchase of the product. Is my information right?

I was wondering if we have support during trial, or maybe the first 30 days after purchase?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You should have support immediately after purchasing the product for the period and level you bought it at. During a trial you would receive no support, but then that's what Connect is here for...so open a new forum query if you have any further support-related questions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You should have support immediately after purchasing the product for the period and level you bought it at. During a trial you would receive no support, but then that's what Connect is here for...so open a new forum query if you have any further support-related questions.

Thanks!

Teslah
Level 3

Hi CraigV, thanks for your rapid response. I guess things changed because we sold a lot of backup exec software and we called a couple of times over the years for support and each time we we're told that we could not have direct support since the support option (or whatever it was called) was not bought with the product, it was something apart.

Now I understand that with only the purchase of backup exec, we have this option now. I guess we just need to buy the maintenance plan each year after that to continue to have direct support.

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We bundled one year's support with the product purchase some time ago. However be aware that due to legislative differences this statement does not apply to all countries where we sell Backup Exec.