cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Back Exec issue

kumar-Brisbane
Not applicable

I tried to upgrade Symantec Back Exec 12.5 to 2010 to my client. I got error "Setup will be unable to detach the BEDB database from SQL server because it failed to establish a connection.If you choose to continue with the symantec Backup exec 2010 removal, you will have to manually detach the BEDB database from SQL server." and refer to artical TECH138150 and try to uninstall SQL Native client, but i try to uninstall it from add/remove programs it is asking for the installation path (no-one dont knows), i have tried servreal time and i cant do anything, but after serveral time i try to upgarde atlast i can't even open exiting back exec, so i uninstall the 12.5 symatec version and try to install it again, even though i am getting error when installing "specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126 (SQL Native Client)." and cann't even install the 2010 too.

Now my client is not running any back can anyone please help me to recover from this issue.

my client is using SQL server 2000 and 2005 Database in the same server. so i cant play more with sql server.

please help

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Where is the existing instance of BEDB?  Is it using an instance of SQL 2005 Express or is it sharing an instance of SQL 2005?