cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 upgrade

JackyWu
Level 3

Hi All 

I am using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 upgrade. Now ,i want to upgrade to R3.But i cannot find any update when i used live update.What can i do?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

R3 is not available through LiveUpdate.  You need to download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP4 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3 SP4, push out the remote agent again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

R3 is not available through LiveUpdate.  You need to download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP4 and the latest hotfixes.

After you have upgraded to R3 SP4, push out the remote agent again.

JackyWu
Level 3

thanks a lot.

but i saw some case,user just only use Live Update to upgrade to R3.Why?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Where did you see this?  Give some examples

R3 is never available through LU.

JackyWu
Level 3

A few days ago,i want to testing some function,so i installed it in VM.When i used Live Update to upgrade,i saw "Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3" and "SP4"(i forgot sp3 or sp4),but in entity machine,only find some hotfix,cannot find R3.The same installation package.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

That is just a notification that R3 is available.  It is not the update itself.

JackyWu
Level 3
OK.Thanks a lot.by the way,if i upgrade to R3,Can i use the R2 licensed?And need to uninstall R2?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. Your existing licence is still valid.

No.  You can do an in-place update.