Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Add server or Install Agent

crocs
Level 4

hi,

what is the different ( action and license ) between :

1 - Install and upgrade -> Install agents and Backup exec servers on other servers -> add -> single computer -> agent windows

2 - Use the button " ADD " -> Computer e server microsoft windows

thx

:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi You need to ensure next to add windows tab you should see add vmware tab were you need to enter the name of ESX server or center and which would list all virtual machine and windows physical machine separately To see vmware agent tab ,ensure you have entered license. Thanks

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...probably 1 slight difference:

1. This would establish a trust between the media server and the remote server.

2. This would add a server with a RAWS agent already installed, but browsing to the server should set up and configure the trust.

Thanks!

crocs
Level 4

thx for replay.

i have another question ( hyper-v or vmware is equals ).

How add the virtual machine on the list server ? with the icon appropriate?

For Example:

If i add a virtual machine with the button " ADD " -> Computer e server microsoft windows , the icon server it is as if it were a physical machine windows.

I hope I explained myself.

thx :)

CraigV

...You'd license the Hyper-V or AVVI agent, and then point to either the Hyper-V host of a vCenter server. This will show the VMs listed there and you can select them. These agents allow you to backup x-amount of VMs.

If you want to do GRT-level backups, then you need to install the RAWS agent on the VM, along with the relevant agent license (eg. Exchange/SQL etc).

crocs
Level 4

yes , for example when install agent for vmware i can see the vcenter in server list.

Into the vcenter server ( double click ) , i can create the job backup with all virtual machine for example.

When install RAWS agent , for example in virtualmachine01 , the vm appears ( the list of server) with icon ( phisical windows sever ) and not with the icon virtual machine ( see the image in the previous message ).

is normal?

thx.

CraigV

...I suspect that is normal, yes.

crocs
Level 4

hummm ... look at this screen:

The system recognized the machine ( boost.radiator..... Flo.radiator .... ) as Server Type: windows computer ( virtual machine ) and The Lizzy.Radiator ... Server Type: Microsoft windows computer.

I do not know how to make this distinction, especially " windows computer ( Virtual Machine )".

Server Type: Microsoft windows computer installing RAWS agent , but windows computer ( virtual machine ) ???.

surprise

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi You need to ensure next to add windows tab you should see add vmware tab were you need to enter the name of ESX server or center and which would list all virtual machine and windows physical machine separately To see vmware agent tab ,ensure you have entered license. Thanks

crocs
Level 4

Thankkss .. if i add machine with ADD -> Windows ... -> " browser " the server apper with the icons " virtual machine ".