cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec upgrade from 2010 to 2014

Owl23
Not applicable

I am trying to uprade from Symantec Backup Exec 2010 to 2014. I am receiving an error .  Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop option have been detected on this computer.  You must either migrate or remove this and then run the install again. I also found tech article 216258 regarding this.

I am not able to find the Desktop and Laptop option to uninstall thru the control panel, add/remove option.

I don't see a key/slf file to allow me to replace the desktop /laptop option. I know longer need to have the desktop/laptop option

on the tech document 216258 I don' t have step #2 Repair the Symantec DLO 7.x option listed in control panel add/remove programs.

I did not try to run the rest of tech document 216258 .

How can I upgrade to 2014 without losing my backup jobs and job history?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
On the BE console, go to Tools ---> Install Licences and Options...., follow the dialog and uncheck the DLO option. Once the DLO option is uninstalled, you can then proceed with the upgrade

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In certain cases, you may not be able to deselect the DLO option during the install wizard. In such a case, remove all the license keys first and then deselect the DLO option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
On the BE console, go to Tools ---> Install Licences and Options...., follow the dialog and uncheck the DLO option. Once the DLO option is uninstalled, you can then proceed with the upgrade

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In certain cases, you may not be able to deselect the DLO option during the install wizard. In such a case, remove all the license keys first and then deselect the DLO option.