cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec DLO 7.0 - Rename Server

Saraee
Level 3

Is there a documented procedure for renaming a DLO7 server that is currently servicing clients?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5268 - Symantec DLO 7.0 Administrator's Guide.

-RenameMS command

The -RenameMS command is used when an administration server has been renamed. Running the
-RenameMS command updates the installation share, storage location paths and network user data folder
paths. It also notifies each Desktop Agent of the change.

Syntax:
DLOCommandu –RenameMS <OldServerName> <NewServerName>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5268 - Symantec DLO 7.0 Administrator's Guide.

-RenameMS command

The -RenameMS command is used when an administration server has been renamed. Running the
-RenameMS command updates the installation share, storage location paths and network user data folder
paths. It also notifies each Desktop Agent of the change.

Syntax:
DLOCommandu –RenameMS <OldServerName> <NewServerName>

Saraee
Level 3

I ran the command above, which turned out to be DLOCommandu -RenameMS -OM <oldservername> -NM <newservername>.  I then renamed the server and restarted the server.

Now when I try to open the DLO console (UAC off, run as administrator), I get the message "Communication with the DLO services are down. Check to see if the DLO services are running on 'Newservername'."

I go to the services and the Symantec DLO Administration service is running.  The Symantec DLO maintenance service however is not running.  When I try to strat it manually, I get the message "Windows could not start the Symantec DLO Maintenance Service service on the Local Computer.  Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or contro, request in a timely manner."

Any ideas??

Saraee
Level 3

Repair Install did the trick.