cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TROUBLESHOOTING - Command Line

Banfi
Level 5

Hi everybody!

I'm guesting about troubleshooting using command line.

Exemplo: create a script (post command) that read the servers that finished with failed status and put this in a variable, after the script run the backup again just for servers with failed status.

Somebody already use some proccess like that?

SO: Windows Server 2008 R2
Backup Exec 2012

Thanks,

Bruno

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You don't have to use a script.  You can automatically retry a failed job by clicking on the BE button  ---> Configuration and Settings ----> Error Handling Rules.  You can enable job failure handling.

BE 2012 - error handling rules.png

BE 2012 - Job failed.png

Banfi
Level 5

PKN, thanks for your answer.

But the job for VMs (VMware) there are 50 servers if I enable this option the job will run again and take all servers and not just the servers with problems.

I did a test and not work just for one machine, this work for the JOB.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. This setting is on a job level. In your original post, you did not specify that you want to do this for your VM's.

I don't think there is a way to get the backup status of a particular server within a job.  You may have to parse the joblog if you want this information.  You would then need to set up a backup job for this particular failed server.  I would say you need a LOT of scripting to accomplish what you are trying to do, if it can be done at all.