cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Library in place - cannot read/catalog media

j-mo
Level 4

I recentely implemented BE 12.5 and it has been working fein backing up to disk.  I just connected my Overland Powerloader tape library.  I found some old tapes that I know have data on them but cannot seem to catalog them.  Anything I try whenter it is catalog or inventory etc will just says "Ready; No idle devices are available." The media description reads "unrecognizeable media"

These data on these tapes was backup using Netvault.  I am new to working with Foreign media but am I on the right track?  I really need to see what is on these tapes but not sure how.

Thanks for any input-

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What type of tape drives and media?  Make sureBE thinks the media and drive are compatible.  They should be be AIT or LTO or something.

To clear the  "Ready; No idle devices are available.", verify the tape drives appear idle in the BE GUI.  You can also try pausing and then un-pausing the server name in the BE GUI.

j-mo
Level 4
Thanks, this ended up being a driver issue.  After installing Symantec Tape drivers things got messed up in Windows.  Device Manager was all wrong.  This was causing the "ready" message.  Correct drivers fixed it.