cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Library requires power cycle since upgrade to BackupExec 10

Andrew_Lawrence
Level 2
I have upgraded my Media Server to verion 10 and applied all service packs and updates. I use a HP SSL1016 LTO Tape library (is on the HCL). When using version 9 I had to stop the backupexec services to manage the media operations such as eject and loading of tapes. Since the upgrade to v 10, I now have to manually power cycle the tape library in order to eject and load tapes.

This is anoying for two reasons:
1. I can see that Backupexec has the capability to manage media from the management console but eject media is always greyed out as an invalid option.
2. Every time the library is power cycled it cleans the heads, as the cleaning tapes can only be used 10 times this means I'll need a new one every fortnight (Expensive).

Is there anything I can do?

Andy
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify if there are any media or drive related errors reported in the event logs. Please mention it.

Also, have you installed the latest Veritas drivers ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Andrew_Lawrence
Level 2
There are no device related events in the system or Application Event logs.

I believe the latest drivers are applied because when I applied the updates, I get asked to allow the installation of unsigned drivers.

Andy

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Make sure the "Removable Storage" service is stopped and set to disabled.

Andrew_Lawrence
Level 2
I have made the changes suggested but I still get a system locked message when I try to control the device through it's web interface.

Andy